Sunday, May 22, 2005

I'll blog it I want to blog... Gosh!

I went white water rafting this weekend outside of Leavenworth. We camped on Friday night and rafted on Saturday. Camping in May? But it's still so cold, you say? Yes. Cold. Burrrr... Even colder when you get a tall drink of water in the form of big ass currents thwacking you in the face and running down the neck of your wet suit... Ummm, ice water down your shirt! I pretty much decided that if I had balls, they would have been hiding up in my body cavity clinging for warmth all weekend. But it was fun. And on Saturday morning, I got to facilitate the creation of the one food item that has brought friends and family together through the years around the camp fire. The S'more? NO!!! The Dough Boy!!! Yes, that tasty yet elusive creation that is the sum of... a piece of Pillsbury biscuit dough wrapped around a stick that you find in the woods. The primary determinants of success being glowing embers, dough depth consistence and most importantly, patience!! Without patience, what you have a lump of raw dough coated in carbon. On my first visit back to the Dough Boy arena since a 15 year hiatus there was some slight charring, but soon enough, I was back to my golden brown ways. The trick, if you're interested, is to use half a busicuit's worth of dough. They make them bigger than they used to. Aieet, Grey's Anatomy is on so that's all the blogety goodness that I've got for now.

3 comments:

Emily:) said...

Dude, how much do you love Grey's Anatomy? I knew he was married!!! The wife was kinda sleazy looking too. Is it just me or was that first season wayyyy too short? I guess I'll just tide myself over with my tapes of that, The O.C., Gilmore Girls, and One Tree Hill until the new seasons starts. Sigh!

Gina Grace said...

I think that I'm addicted to the show because I secretly think that the Meredith (the delightful Ellen Pompeo) IS a revived Melissa Gilbert. There is just something so Laura Ingles about her that's appealing. Appealing like staying home from school cause you're sick in 3rd grade, with saltines and gniger ale. And you get to watch TV all day...

That, and Patrick Dempsey is just H-O-T hot! I want him to love me.

Does everyone know why the title is so catchy? Well, her last name IS Grey, but also- "Grey's Anatomy" is the gold standard of all Anatomy text books (I used it freely during my gross anatomy lab in college. Ummm, cadavers...). I believe the original "Grey" (not sure his first name) was a medical illustrator. So- the name of a classic text book now becomes the name of the show. Or I guess you could read it as a reference to the lead character's body- but that just doesn't seem to fit as well.

Lisaopolis said...

I've said it for years and I'll say it again: Patrick Dempsey is deep dish delight! YUM! I keep waiting for his phone call to ask me out on a date...