Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Beaver Liquor

Oh Sweet Jesus. Life is funny when you work with all boys (yes, they are men, but we can call them boys.)

7AM: Ken walks over with a classic Ken-ism: "I just bought to coolest bond ever."

Gina: Huh?

Ken: I just bought a Beaver County Bond for a client. Awsome!

So yes children, there IS a beaver County. And wouldn't you know what state it's in (nope, not Oregon)? I'd venture to say: One of the most Interesting states of our nation, yes, PA!! This starts the topic rolling (and establishes that our minds are all in the gutter-all before 7:30 AM)

Jim: (Chiming in) "There is a town in Colorado called Avon, on Beaver Creek- their liquor store is called Beaver Liquor. And you can get hats there that say "Beaver Liquor"~~

All: Sweet! No way! WAY!

So I run a google search (yeah, cause its cool to have THAT on your work computer's internet history...)

Long story short- I find the phone number, but no web site right away. So I call. Ring... ring...

"Good morning, Beaver Liquors- This is Michelle!"

me: Hi, do you have a web site?

Michelle: Yes! Its w-w-w dot beaver liquors dot com. Thats l-i-Q-u.

Me: Great- thanks.

And then I could start my day, know that I had already sacrificed at least 30% of my active brain cells- before 7:45AM.

That is all I'm going to post today. And yes, you CAN get hats. AND T-shirts. Real classy ones.

On request, here is a photo of Darling Ken. Its been said (by at least one successful 50-something lady doctor) that he is, in fact, a Beautiful Person. I have to say, I concur with the middle-aged women on this one.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is from a post-game strategy session during last year's kickball season.

2 comments:

Lisaopolis said...

New lows, new lows!

Gina Grace said...

Yeah, I'm always amazed by exactly HOW low we can take it.
Look at my fricken ARMS? My god... they're as big as my head. Ick.