Tuesday, October 11, 2005

When DID Tom Cruise Jump the Shark?

I sure don't know, but I have a sneaking suspicion that is was not too long after this scene was shot.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Gosh, remember him back in the day? Back when the world didn't know how short he really was, or that he was a couch-jumping lunatic?

So I guess I'll answer my own question in saying, I don't know or care when Tom Cruise jumped the shark, but Maverick (Lt. Pete Mitchell) will have a special place in my heart forever.


And just to make you feel old, kids in college today were born after Top Gun was released. Yeah.

10 comments:

Lisaopolis said...

Yes, AND he's spawned, which has to make Nicole Kidman feel real good. And we all thought he was infertile. Well, now that he's w/a woman whose talent is less than his own this time, he'll prolly stick with her.

I blame Scientology. Maverick was such a stud!

Anonymous said...

One time when I jumped the shark, I pooped myself.

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

To think that kids these days can only give me a blank look when I say "It's like the volleyball scene" whilst gazing at an eyeful of hotness is too sad.

I was always waaay more into Goose than Maverick anyway.

Anonymous said...

what does jump the shark mean? go gay?
its not his kid. the whole relationship is creepy!

Emily:) said...

I am now going to use "jump the shark" all the time to describe anyone losing coolness points in my eyes;) It's so sad though. T.Cruise used to be my No.1 lust-after guy. Hell, I named my dog Lestat! But now, I just want to suck my thumb in a corner and shiver when I see him on TV or in hte news. creepy creepy creepy!

Lisaopolis said...

i think the pic is up because of a thing for Navy pilots...

Anonymous said...

There is NOTHING wrong with having a thing for Navy pilots... I have to admit that the flight suit in person is WAY cooler than seeing it in a movie. However, having worn said 'flight suit' - it's a pain in the butt to go to the bathroom if you're a girl...
Amy

Anonymous said...

its not his baby. artificial insemination.

Gus said...

i love the anon people you get in here Gina. and you guys say all you want about Mr. Cruise. I am jealous of him because he stole my idea to go a talkshow and jump and down on the couch. I was totally gonna do that. and katie holmes.

Anonymous said...

y a mi q m importa