Monday, October 31, 2005

Boo!

Happy Halloween to all! It just dawned on me the other day how much I love Halloween. I think I used to like it for the candy, and the being able to stay up a little later than normal on a school night aspects. But recently I’ve discovered just how much I enjoy dressing up. It’s the only time of year where an fully-functioning and responsible adult can dress up like a complete freak and go to work like usual. Come to think of it, I think we need more excuses to dress up throughout the year- maybe just make President’s Day a costume-optional holiday? Or perhaps something in summer? The elite group of Cabin Creekers in Easton Washington take dressing up for the 4th of July “parade” quite seriously, yet how many hundreds of thousands of Americans don’t have this luxury?

Please, write your senators today.


So…. Comments heard today so far:

“I see. Yes. Well what we’d need to address first is your overall asset allocation, specifically how you are positioning your fixed-income in this rising interest rate environment…” Spoken by a woman in a full-on witch costume complete with very scary make-up.

-and-

"Right, while that may be true, I’m concerned that you’re not taking a global perspective on the current energy crisis. There’s a lot more to consider than just the price you’re paying at the pump…” from the fake-beard covered mouth of a man dressed as one of the 7 dwarves.

Excellent. I love this day. I love that while many in the office don’t dress up at all, the ones who do go all the way.

Today, I am Bird Flu. I’m wearing pajamas, a robe with Kleenex in the pockets and I’m sporting a Parrot Hat. The parrot is wearing a face mask (made popular across Asia by 2004’s SARS virus). I’ve had to put a few “Quarantine” stickers on my robe to help people “get it.”

And the best part about Halloween is that it usually entails a party, which means yet another occasion to dress up in another costume (especially if you subscribe to the "just add 'slutty' to any character and make it a costume" theory, like "Slutty Girl Scout, Slutty Cop, Slutty Nurse, etc. Can't very well wear those ones to work). Saturday at Eric’s 2nd annual Halloween Bash, I followed last years theme of dressing as a famous red head. Last year I was Lindsey Lohan. This year I took it back a few years, threw in one Cuban-American love interest and was Lucy.

Lucy and Ricky. It worked. Though I admit, I did use a temporary hair dye to turn the red up a few notches. It was almost glowing. I was concerned while I was teasing my hair and gluing on my fake eyelashes that I was starting to look more like a drag queen than a screw-ball redhead, but I think I kept it under control.

So here are the pictures:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Why is it that “Lucy, you’ve got some ‘splaining to dooooo” never stops being funny?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com So, where is Little Ricky after all?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A full body shot so you can see Ricky’s suit and my shoes that I got at Payless for $7.00, that I fully intend to wear in “real life”

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A close up of the hair, that was more of an abyss. Someone asked me if it was a wig. Nope, just really teased. Lindsey was Little Red Riding Hood.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Real Thing

Several years ago I was Daphne at a costume party, so now I’m starting to wonder if I might run out of red heads to dress as in the future. Perhaps I’ll have to recycle a few ideas… God willing, I’ll never have to resort to Annie. And God willing, I’ll be able to control myself around copious amounts of candy in the office today to prevent all of my teeth from rotting out spurring an premature need for dentures.

Photo’s of Bird Flu to follow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisaopolis said...

Boy, that costume must've been hard to find for Ricky...hmm, where's the -50's suit-? With matching white hankie in the breastpocket? Great pics, looks like fun!

BTW I did not win the auction on the medium sized WAZZU marching band outfit on Ebay...dammit! That was gonna be my big Crick'r contribution this year. I'm still shooting for a dirndl though.

Anonymous said...

The costume is great and your hair looked fabulous! Can't wait to see Bird Flu. - Beth

Lisaopolis said...

Yes, bird flu, bird flu pics!

Anonymous said...

i got a kick out of this posting! u make a great lucy.

and slutty bird flu, gives me the creeps. hahah.

i didnt partake this year in festivities. boo hoo. except for the candy! but i do that all the time. piece out!

Gus said...

you and Jose look awesome. My halloween was lame (hence no mention of it my blog) Abby didn't want to go to my friend's party saturday, and then we just handed out candy on monday and only my sister came over. That marks at least two times this year we invited people over and most of them didn't show. We are getting old. You and Jose want to move down this way so you can talk Abby into doing cool things?