Friday, October 07, 2005

THANK YOU AL GORE, FOR INVENTING THE INTERNET!

If I just came out and said, “You need to check out this terribly cheesy web site ASAP!” You might start to wonder how I ever came across it.

Someone at work today was saying that he had Barry Manilo’s “Mandy” stuck in his head. Which of course got it stuck in MY head. But I only knew the first few lines of the chorus, and when all you have is “Oh Mandy, you came and you… did…somethingorother…” it is MOST unsatisfying.

So I ran a Google search for “Mandy” and “Barry” and got this site. I was delighted to see that I’d found a site that didn’t just have the lyrics, but actually played the song as the site’s background music!

Vow! I love the pansies in the background! Lyrics, floral background, angelic photos of some sort of woodland-dwelling fairy? Bravo! So of course I had to check on the “Back” button… Where I found a whole GARDEN of tender love songs. All played in AM-radio-quality on via my internet browser!

So I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have. Some of the must-see/hear songs, in my opinion, are Lay Lady Lay, Hero, Leather and Lace, Do ‘Ya, In My Room, and The Rose. Please note that I chose these primarily based on the photo/color scheme that was used to visually support each song.

I have a feeling that I might be exploring more of what Lady Jaye has to offer throughout the weekend. Hummm…. But suddenly I just feel like breaking out the lavender essential oils, bathing in bees wax soaps, maybe burning some herbal candles, and curling up with a green tea, a wool blanket, and a self-help book…

(If anyone out there knows how I can pipe these songs over the web on MY site, please, please, PLEASE let me know! I'd love to share some love songs with all of you. It would be my own little way of saying, "Thanks for stopping by my site!")

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

One time when I listened to Barry, I pooped myself.

Lisaopolis said...

hehe, you've got your Very Own Poopy Blog Troll....

Anonymous said...

One time when I was a poopy blog troll, I pooped myslef.

Anonymous said...

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah mysLEF.

Anonymous said...

I thank Al Gore as well - thanks to the internet I met my husband (and I was just looking for a dinner date!). - Beth

Anonymous said...

One time when I had a husband, I pooped myself.

Gina Grace said...

Okay seriously Dude, the poop shit isn't funny anymore, its just lame. Know when to say when. And if you write back something to the effect of "one time, when I wasn't funny anymore, I pooped myself" I'm just going to delete it. So, where's the fun in that?

Anonymous said...

even i wouldnt write poop comment every time. come on.
gore invented the internet? yea right, he probably can't even use it.