Saturday, June 11, 2005

You think you know someone

I talked to Jose today. He's on land in an undisclosed/I-could-tell-you-but-I'd-have-to-kill-you type of location. Chatted for a while, which was mostly me apparently putting relationship pressure on him, as per our normal routine of

me: What the heck are we doing here?
him: I thought we weren't going to talk about this right now. So I haven't been thinking about it.
Me: Yeah, well, we're talking about it cause I need to figure some stuff out.
him: Damnit Woman, I don't want to get married right now!
Me: Either do I! Why can't you accept that?? What's your problem??
Him: ....Silence
Me: For the love of Pete, SAY something!

Yeah, so that went well.

But ANYWAY- to the topic at hand... I remembered to ask him about the Crown Prince of the Netherlands. What was he like? Was he even on the ship at the time? How was it?

him: Oh. Yeah. I was there. The guys he flew with said he was pretty cool.

WHAT?!? THAT'S IT!!??? As if this no big deal?? Wow- really made me realize how different we really are. But then again, I guess most normal people don't get excited about the Dutch Royal Family. But most people aren't me!

All in all, it was a very unsatisfying conversation. And if you know me, you know how much I dislike things that are unsatisfying.

Blech.

In other news: my dear friend Kari e-mailed me with troubling news that she was unable to leave comments or sign in to Ginapalooza. She also said that she couldn't leave an anonymous comment- I wonder if I have control over this? Ack! Pushing the limits of computer know-how! But, being that this is The World Wide Web's Premiere Spot For All Things Gina, I hope that this was a one time problem. And I hope it can be remedied soon...

Peace out Yo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina, Gina, Gina.... Don't you know that's normal male stuff? What do you expect of a male in his 20's, who flys fighter jets, for the navy and is in a combat zome?

A discussion with Dr. Phil?

Trust me bubbie, that takes thousands of dollars of psycothearapy, a few relationships that went down in flames including one with a narcissist. He'll probably start communicating when he's 40 (or so).

Cut the guy some slack, he's just being a guy. As a suggestion you might say "hey we can like each other, be committed and deal with the marriage stuff later..."

I should charge for this. I certainly have the ethnic disposition for it.



Mongo (who can't remember his @#$@#! password)

Gina Grace said...

Man, I wish WASPY girls had cool little ethnic dispositions. And when I say COOL, I don't mean, "Bellevue House Wife."

Why can't someone confuse ME with a therapist, banker or big-time movie producer??!?

Thanks for the perspective Esteban, I'll try your "we can like eachother" line, but I don't know if he'll buy it....

Anonymous said...

Do you know these anonymous people that are now leaving messages? Have I opened a flood gate? I feel like the Bridget Jones of the blogging world -completely incompetent and unworldly.

Call me on Saturday. I need one on one instruction. I also need to know how long your obsession with the Dutch Royal Family has been brewing, and how the hell it is that I didn't know about it.

I am miffed

-Kari