Monday, June 20, 2005

Thank God for creative outlets.

In efforts to alleviate the funk in which I seem to be stuck, I have decided to finally display some of the art work that I have created over the last couple of months. My primary medium is Microsoft “Paint,” and my subjects tend to be portraits. My themes are situation irony and human angst.

My first series is called “Shock and Awe” It is an essay on the human experience at the moment of realization that man-kind is inherently flawed.

My first subject is Justin: Please note the attention to his hair- it is a combination of both his Monday-Thursday hair AND his casual Friday hair, which is decidedly messier, in a trendy sort of way. Image hosted by Photobucket.com He uses a subtle combination of Bellevue-Style and Ebonics to capture his emotion.

My next piece in this exhibit is my only self-portrait. Please note the orange hair. Also noteworthy are my eyes that really capture the essence of “blue eggs sunny-side-up.”
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


If YOU would like a portrait of yourself or a loved on, please leave a comment to request a sitting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA, THAT IS f'n funny.
you are so descriptive with your art. maybe you should eschew money and be a starving artist instead. Well, with this kind of work, you could make a fortune...

Anonymous said...

I think I need self portrait but am unsure when you have free sitting time ..

JW