Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Napa-licious weekend

Ahhhhh, back from the weekend…. and frefreshed...

However, I came home at around 10PM on Sunday night -after a great, but exhausting weekend- to a messy, tiny empty apartment. Daphne was still at the dog lounge, I was coming down from the joy-high that I’d been on all weekend, and I got an e-mail from Jose that his deployment has been extended by about 20 days or so. Juuuusssst when I was starting to let myself get excited for him to be coming home soon. So- I guess I have ALL of July to myself after all, and not just the first couple of weeks. 20 days isn’t really that bad in the big picture, but when you finally feel like the end is in sight, it can be an annoying addition. Like running 5 miles, and then finding out that oops- you’ve only gone 3. Only another 2 miles to go. Could be worse. So I felt lonely and sorry for myself for the night (two emotions that don’t look very good on me) and now I’m over it. After all, I’M not the one stuck on the dang ship for that extra time. Poor guy.

So anyway… Back to Napa. Flew down to San Jose on Thursday night, stayed with Baum (Kristin) that night along with 3 of the other girls. Friday morning we packed up, met at Beth’s in Mountain View with the other half, and were on the road to Napa. Got to our place, got settled in, had lunch out and dinner in. Saturday morning, Ray (our very nice driver) came to pick us up in a white stretch limo (that mind you, was only $10 more per-person than a 10-passenger van. Way to shop Beth!). We toured several wineries, took lots of photos, and had a ball. That night we cooked some food on the grill (I was in charge of the coals. Had a few set-backs, but figured it out), drank several beers, and packed as much quality girl-bonding into one night as humanly possible. There were dance moves (I learned that the snap-clap is all the rage with Mothers-in-law in Vancouver, WA), card games, rounds of “I never,” wedding ring show-and-tell, and more. There were even marital-aid reviews and recommendations. It was all just fabulously girlie. I loved it!!

If you want a link to my ofoto album, let me know, but here are a couple pictures to set the tone:

At Beth’s on Friday Morning- meet, greet, pack:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Heading over the Gold Gate Bridge:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Me, giving a little love to the Navy monument at a Golden Gate Bridge over-look area:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

All of us at our place:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Our Place, “Maison Bleue” come on… say it with an accent. You know you want to! But whatever you do, do NOT confuse this with Maison Blanc, where the Evil Stefano held up Hope for years (in the swampy Louisiana bayous) after brainwashing her on Days of Our Lives!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Lindsey and me, kicking off cocktail hour:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here’s one from Saturday. By the time we got here, to Niebaum-Coppola, we decided to skip the pre-set tasting and just buy a couple bottles to enjoy on the grounds J
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

More Neibaum-Coppola:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Our patient driver, Ray- taking our group picture on all of our cameras (well, except for mine…)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

Lisaopolis said...

you had a DRIVER????? Pray tell

Gina Grace said...

Yeah- we hired a limo for the day of tasting so we wouldn't have to be a road hazzard. There were 10 of us, so we were going to rent a van, but the limo was only a few bucks more per person and WAY more The Bachelor. It was great saying things like- "Darling, call the driver to have him bring the car around, we're almost ready to go!"