Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Oh What a Night...

I’m tired and can barely keep my eyes open this morning (which ironically, I think has nothing to do with the concert last night, as it was over at 10:30PM), but thought I’d post a few choice shots from last night’s Neil Diamond concert that I took on my camera phone. The quality isn’t spectacular, but you’ll get the gist.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here’s the big screen. Does Neil Diamond still look like my father? Check.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And on that note, here is an image for your frame of reference: Image hosted by Photobucket.com This is from a Neil Album that I’m guessing came out in the mid to late 70’s. There is a picture of my father around the same time that I can see in my mind right now- I don’t know where it is, but I’ll have to look for it and try to scan it at some point so we can do a point-to-point comparison, but for now, you’ll just have to take my word for it: They look like twins. I have a sneaking suspicion that Neil Diamond might be my long-lost uncle or something….


During one song, I looked over at Allison and I could swear that she was getting watery-eyed. I asked her if she was crying, she said “No, but it he doesn’t play Cracklin’ Rosie, you bet your ass I’ll be crying!”

And the night went on…. Sweet Caroline…. America…. Forever in Blue Jeans…. Play Me…Cherry, Cherry… I Am, I Said… Holy, Holy….You Don’t Bring Me Flowers... on and on and on, but NO Cracklin’ Rosie!

And then the show ended!?! What??? But of course there’s the glimmer of hope that it would be the encore song…. And it WAS!! Followed by Brother Love’s Traveling Salvation Show (Thanks to Joe, I was able to sing along, as I’ve had this song on my iPod now for a few months…).

Needless to say, during Cracklin’ Rosie, Allison was beside herself with joy, I tried to capture that in a photo, but the picture doesn’t really do it justice…. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Notably missing from the night’s lineup were Song Sung Blue and Hello Again. He also didn’t play Heartlight, but I really can’t stomach that song with a straight face, so I didn’t mind its omission.

All in all, the night pretty much RULED.

And I bought a T-shirt, a black one that says “Diamond Girl” on the front. I can’t wait to wear it to my next special occasion!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil is coming to San Jose this week, yippy!!!! - Beth

Lisaopolis said...

Yes, he's got the Bill Hundley look, 'tis true, 'tis true. Maybe Neil is in fact a long-lost east coast uncle and ...we're RIIIIIICH!

Gina Grace said...

We'd be just like Nicole Ritchie!

Lisaopolis said...

Yea, AND that Erie, PA Sweet Sixteen tramp!

Emily:) said...

Such a rockin concert:) I'd love to see Neil. Hope he comes here:)

Anonymous said...

is he really that good or r u a 65 yr old woman trapped in a young body? haha at least u have a dog and not a cat...

Anonymous said...

OH so it's like that with the cat jokes on this "blog?" Or shall we just call it what it really is? "I hate cats dot com" ??

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Ah, Neil. I always say that it really isn't the 4th of July until I hear "America." How excellent to hear he has aged well.

(ps--Gina, check out my blog when you have a chance to see mr. babymohawk II in person--we finally got pix that show his Beckham-like 'do. Well, perhaps not Beckham-like. Unless Beckham has a comb-over and a small bird's nest in the back.)