Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Human Gina sometimes gets sick

Like today. The inner voices in my head thought it was my alarm clock waking me up this morning at 3:30AM. I was wondering why it was happening earlier than usual. I still had a couple hours to sleep! But the crankiness I was experiencing from being woken up early was soon replaced with a nasty pain in my stomach. Felt like I had swallowed a sock, or a box of Kleenex and it was lodged in my small intestine. That was special.

I stayed home from work, initially thinking that I was nearly playing hookie, as the pain wasn't THAT bad and it would probably pass soon.


But its still hanging out and I don't like it one bit. Lying down doesn't work, standing up makes it worse. So I'm trying to sleep but its hard cause I'm not comfortable. I don't have things like Tums and Pepto on hand, and I certainly don't want to drive to the store to get some, so I tried a glass of water with 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda in it, per the advice of Dad. Besides tasking pretty gross, the effects were not noticeable.

I just am bored, feeling bad, want to the world to feel sorry for me, and I want someone to talk to. Yet talking hurts. I'm in a pickle.

Current mood: grumpy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you are sick in the sick! Did you get to catch up on old game shows and watch Ricki Lake? Hope you are feeling better today, don't want you to be sick on your birthday!

- Beth (can't remember my darn blog log-in)

Anonymous said...

No kidding! A nasty pain in your stomach on your birthday? Would cake help? Call your Mom and tell her to send one, STAT!
Sorry Gina... :(