Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Is it Wednesday already?

Why oh why has this girl been neglecting her blog? Well I can tell you this- I flossed my teeth last night, so I’m certainly not neglecting my gums. Which reminds me, I need to schedule my regular 6-month cleaning appointment at my dentists office…

I’ve been fretting (for a detailed investigation on the total fret experience, please see http://www.fretme.blogspot.com/ AKA, Pennsylvania’s most interesting Blog…) all month long about giving the toast at Beth’s wedding (which is coming up ANY DAY NOW…) Not fretting so much about the process of giving the toast, but what I was actually going to say. I wanted to make it snappy, short, sweet, multi-generationally appropriate etc, and I think I’ve managed to capture at least 50% of those goals. Don’t worry guys, it IS appropriate. It is also pretty short. Snappy and sweet however, are open for discussion.

So I’ve been working on that…. And what else….. What other legitimate reasons can I throw out there for being a fair-weather blogger? I’ve had a house guest for the last 4 days. It was a really good four days.

What else… Tonight is Napoleon Dynamite at Marymoor Park in Redmond. They’ve been doing outdoor movies right next to the dog park, so we’ve got a group going for the season finale tonight. The evening will involve dogs, friends, and a great flick. Just hoping it doesn’t get rained out…which it might.

I just feel like if I’m going to blog, I should have something that at least I think is somewhat clever (regardless of its actual or perceived cleverness by others), and I haven’t felt very clever lately. Perhaps it’s a lingering feeling of guilt for having thoughts of “Aw man! Why can’t WE have cool tropical storms like Katrina?! We never get any interesting weather here in Seattle!” when she was in fact, a relatively small tropical storm buzzing around Boca Raton. Now she’s wiped out major cities along the Gulf Coast and taken hundreds of lives. “I guess I spoke too soon,” is a bit of an understatement huh?

In the famous, but irritatingly early-90’s words of Bart Simpson, Aye Carumba!


I’m going to take my dog to the movies now.

5 comments:

Lisaopolis said...

Ok, writing yourself in the third person is SO passe.

Napoleon D at Marymoor! Yes I am jealous!

Just blog about your unique daily experiences, and stay away from the 'oh what should I blog about, this is so boring', because that's what everyone says.

Fret me!

Anonymous said...

can u really take a dog to the movies?

what kind of houseguest did u have?maybe we know y u haven't blogged.

Gus said...

heather just got home after being "displaced" by Katrina. and by displaced, I mean she doesnt know when she can go home and if her stuff is still there, since she left with a backpack and her kitty only. sucks hard...

anyways, sorry to hear we are missing another Gina toast, cause the last one was awesome. if you have it still written down, you should post it...

Lisaopolis said...

"Is it Wednesday already??" No, it's time to update your damn blog already. Uh, September? Hellooo?

Gina Grace said...

Dhuuuude! I've been out of town for four days and just got home last night!!


Erik- sorry to hear that Heather has been displaced, but happy to hear that she is safe and sound- I was wondering how she was doing. I'm glad you and Abby got to go see her back when "Hurricane" meant something boozy and delicious in New Orleans.