Saturday, July 22, 2006

Two more...

But I'm too lazy to make another table, so here we go:

Then: Celebrities Adopting Babies
Now: Celebrities Having Babies (seriously, has it ever been so hip and cool to be with-child?)

Then: Ugs
Now: Crocks (she says, while sporting a bright blue pair which, I admit, make me look like a complete spaz in my neighborhood)

Then: James Blunt
Now: Gnarles Barkley (as in: it used to be James Blunt who was interesting at first but bordering on annoying as all get-up due to BEYOND HEAVY radio play... We'll see if GB suffers the same fate... So far I hear "crazy" juuuust about every time I get in my car.

And to my commenter who thinks I shouldn't do "then" and "now" when the "thens" are so recent, well... that's kind of the whole point.... and we wonder were ADD comes from... look at the attention span of the general public!


And Lisa, if there IS a German translation of "Oh, SNAP!" you MUST share!

5 comments:

Lisaopolis said...

No, 'oh snap' is too precious for words and there aren't enough of them to combine in the German language to fully convey the sentiments contained within the original.

Blue Crocs, huh? Come up for a visit, dammit, and we can walk side by side in our clown shoes: me in my one of several pairs of Keens (THE shoe of my future, they RULE) and you in your Crockles! We'll be super coolz. Cruise ship, anyone?

Anonymous said...

are you a follower or a leader?

Gina Grace said...

A leader in some things.... a follower (usually about 8 years too late) in others (such as fashion, pop culture etc).


But I did see a segment on Crocks today on Good Morning America. Made me feel incredibly in-the-know. And reaffirmed that they are in fact, very funny looking shoes.

Proud to say I never could submit to gauchos though.

Anonymous said...

why would you want to follow culture 8 years late? by then its played out... just say no to becoming a societal clone.

i don't miss not being able to talk about american idol at the "water cooler".

no wonder why the u.s. is led to slaughter like sheep. the media jams things down our throats and eventually we give in.

ok im getting too macabre here. i can blame it on the humidity...


thats hilarious that "devil wears prada" was enlightening to you on your fashion vacuum.
gauchos=gross!

there is no k in crocs.
u thinking of something else.

Gina Grace said...

To my lower-case only commenter:

You just don't get me do you?


It's all a joke buddy. As Frankie says: Relax.

(but it probably more than silly to those who know me to consider the idea of ME or all people defining what is and isn't "now." I'll leave those serious tasks to Jennifer.)


I am however, compelled to defend myself against the charge of "The Devil Wears Prada" enlightening me on any level. How did you get that? I only said it make us feel frumpy when leaving the theater; defined by the three of us shugging our shouldres as we left and saying "Nope, still not really into fashion." And like that, the moment was gone.

Didn't have any sort of "ah ha!" or "get me to a stylyst... STAT!" moment.


But you're right... no K in crocs.