Saturday, July 22, 2006

A New Respect for Our Founding Fathers

Or anyone else who could handle living in this sweltering sweat-lodge of a city in the days BAC (before air-conditioning).


This Seattle girl would love to say that she admires Patrick Henry for his mad-skills as a statesman, or TJ (My nickname for Thomas Jefferson, ever since I hung out with his likeness in Williamsburg) for that whole "Declaration of Independence writing thing".. but honestly, I've got to say that any Virginian who was that convicted in turning this place into the next great nation (requiring SIGNIFICANT concentration and focus during the month of JULY no-less...) deserves some props from me.



So there you have it. My self-centered, hot n' cranky statement del dia.



Which reminds me... I've been wanting to go to Mt Vernon at some point. Perhaps I'll ride my bike there tomorrow. Or better yet, drive in my air-conditioned car!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Global warming much? I am sweltering in California. It has been 100+ for the past 5 days with about a week more to go before the end is in sight. However, I mustn't complain, our humidty is nill compared to my east coast friends.

I never thought I would be so excited to go back to work on a Monday, I love the A.C.!
- Beth

Anonymous said...

I'm back

Anonymous said...

One time when I was a founding father, I pooped myself.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina: Mount Vernon is groovy ("then" comment)..hope you get to go....GW was quite a guy, devoted to the earth. Speaking of Global Warming....they are now growing olive trees and tea in England: taking advantage of the shift in the jet stream, I guess. Stay cool. Love, Cindy

Anonymous said...

I feel like I just caught up a little on your life Gina. Sounds brilliant. I worry about Daphne, as usual, as I feel she hasn't gotten the attention she deserves with your recent gallivants. I know you are making up for lost time now and please pass along a hello from George and I.

Gus said...

too bad. you would be better off being hot here, where it is brewfest this weekend...