Thursday, February 02, 2006

The end is near

The end of sleeping in everyday and not having to go to work every morning that is.

It looks as thought I'll be starting a new J-O-B next week, and while I'm happy about it, as I think its a good fit, I'll miss my early DC days, and all of the long walks and daytime television programming that it brought to my life.

I was even able to watch Days of Our Lives two days in a row, and (not) surprisingly enough, was able to pick up right where I left off back Junior high... And yes, it seems that Marlena Evans is once again, brainwashed. Not sure if it (again) was all the work of The Evil Stephano (who has likely died and come back to life at least a few times in the past 10-15 years) but its still the making of good TV.

On a seperate note, J and I have recently opened a joint checking account with which to pay our joint expenses, (he's having me do direct deposit of all of my pay check into it, and is taking out about 90% of it each month and putting it into a special account I don't have access to "for our future," this is a good idea right?? No silly...) and the checks arrived yesterday. The first set was free. This sounded fine until I got them, looked at them, and found that the free checks are kind of a sample-pack of about 5 popular styles that we can choose in the future. A good idea in theory, until I realized that an Anne Geddes design is included, which means that every 5th check we now write will have BABIES IN GD FLOWER POTS on them...

Hey, that sorority girl from 1998 called: she wants her checks back! Good lord...

So on that happy note, here's a little somethin' for y'all. Have a super day. And remember, shoot for the moon. 'Cause even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!! Image hosting by Photobucket

7 comments:

Lisaopolis said...

can i get that written in Sorority Dots (TM) ??

and beware of men embezzling your funds, big brother is watching.

ok im gonna go google something shady so the federal tracking system puts up a red flag on me!

Emily:) said...

Dude, you're like a grown-up now with joint checking and everything. Wow! Screw Anne Geddes and her flowerpots (although some of them are pretty cute). It would've been funnier if one of your choices were hot, shirtless fireman;) Imagine J cashing a check with those babies? Hehe. Congrats on the job btw!

Anonymous said...

Gina! REALLLLLY about the no access to your own money. Are you KIDDING????!!!! I sincerely hope so! Have you not been watching 60 Minutes and Dateline??? Bad deal.Love Cindy

Anonymous said...

We just got the joint checks a bit ago also. I've only used 2 checks, frankly I'm scared of my own joint account.

Wow, Anne Geddes is still around? Those poor babies must be like 8 years old now! I bet they feel weird that their dumb parents made them sit in flower pots. - Beth

Anonymous said...

I personally am a BIG fan of the joint checking account. However, the most I use it for is to pay bills and buy groceries. My debit card is hooked up to my own account not our joint so that probably saves Casey a lot of headaches... (Oh, I'll just grab these shoes and put them on the joint account, he'll never know!)

Also, CONGRATULATIONS on the job! I hope it's going well for you. What is it? What are you doing? What do you think so far? Fill us in when you have a moment!

Anonymous said...

Oops- that last post was from moi
Amy B

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you would really give up 90% of your paycheck to an account you do not have access too. I thought you used to be an FA. Oh well, it must be a Coug thing. What do you have to do if you want more money? Best of luck, J in Bella Vista