Friday, January 20, 2006

Abrir la ventana

Or... "Open the window" to those of you who not in the Spanish-know.

It's something that I can do now. After living in a 420 square foot studio in Seattle for over two years with NO windows (which I really didn't realize until after I signed the lease- that's what happens when you find a place that allows big dogs, has a washer/dryer in the unit AND is in your price range- you just TAKE IT.) It had French doors that led out to a little patio, so I didn't feel boxed-in, but you can't exactly leave those all night. Well, okay, I did all the time. And I'll publicly admit that now, since I no longer live there and feel fairly confident that no one will come looking for me there anymore, but really- that was right up there with driving drunk as far as risky behaviors go.

Anyway...

Now we have more windows than I can shake a fist at. And we're on the 4th floor, so I can leave them open at night, during the day etc without worrying that someone is going to meander into my place unannounced.

So let me just say, after not being able to open a GD window for so long, I am loving fresh air... while I'm inside! Without fear of being stabbed to death by a night stalker!!

And as it were, its unseasonably warm in DC right now, so its just delightful. Until I start thinking that its due to the effects of global warming, and that my grandchildren will have to wear space-suits on the playground to avoid having skin cancer and growing tails by age 3 1/2 if we keep going at this rate...

But hell, for now, I'm a happy girl.


That's about it for now. On a side note, I'd like to throw this out there: I'm thinking about referring to Daphne as "My Bizo" from now on. Thoughts?

4 comments:

J said...

Oh shit you're right! That lady was nutz-o! Wow, I should try out for the Bachelor, shouldn't I? LOL.

And in case you can't count, "this is the last rose of the evening." Uh, thanks Chris. But I'm hooked again too. It's hard not to be with all the crazies!

J said...

two more comments - 1) need I remind you that DC has one of the highest crime rates in the country. Dare I say "Chandra Levy." Sorry if I just burst your bubble or rather "rompa su ventana." and 2) I think not only should you start calling Daphne your bizo..but you should start taking her to bunch so you can start Brunch with my Bizzos, the DC chapter.

Lisaopolis said...

Oh, they'll be so fun to CLEAN!

Anonymous said...

bizzo is lame. u aint gangsta!
more like a wanksta.

d.c. is crazy , watch yo back fool.
y u think they had to rename their basketball team the wizards?