Monday, November 06, 2006

Daphne, have you been campaigning or what?

11/6/06 6:15 PM, Washington DC, Corner of 10th and N Street NW. I'm walking Daphne.

Guy I've never Seen Before Walking Past Me on the Sidewalk(GINSBWPMS): "Wait- is that...Daphne?"

Me (out loud): Uh...yeah?

Me (In my head): what the Hell?

GINSBWPMS: Yeah! I thought so. You take her to Wagtime?

Me (out loud): Um... yeah?

Me (in my head): seriously... what's going on here.... How does this guy know the dog day care I take her to?

GINSBWPMS: (sensing that I'm starting to think he's a stalker) Oh- I worked there for a few months, she's a cool dog.

Me: Ah! Okay- yeah, well- thanks!


And so, on this election eve, I have once again been faced with the reality that Daphne, as an institution, is just about as recognizable as the Golden Arches and the Elvis. So I officially announce that she will be using this to her advantage, and is throwing her hat in the ring for Mayor of DC. So go ahead DC, write in Daphne for Mayor 2006.

I honestly think she's has just as much of a chance as anyone at beating Adrian Fenty, so why not?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised she didn't bark at him, he is a man after all and Daphne doesn't like the dudes...

tz said...

oh can hannah be her running mate?

Anonymous said...

Any fellow Californians who are considering voting for Arnold again, please chose Daphne as the wiser option.

- Wishful thinker in CA

Gina Grace said...

1) Daphne has promised to put aside her fear of strange men, as they will potentially be about 50% her constituents. Well- okay, maybe not put it aside, but certainly she won't let it slip into her policy making.

2) Daphne gladly ALSO accepts your vote for Gov of California. She only had to watch Commando one time to know that she could devour Arnold anytime, anywhere.