Friday, December 23, 2005

Ta-dahhhhhh!

It's official: I'm moving! I know it, you know it, the American people know it. Even my employer finally knows it!

Moving to a little town called Washington DC, have you heard of it? I went there a few weeks ago to visit this guy I know. I kind of like him, so we found a really great place to live and I'm heading out on the open road with my dog in about two weeks.

My true plan is to have him support me so I can pursue my true passion: making babies and scrapbooking. But alas, I think I should probably have a job- you know, something to fall back on...

Nope, don't have one lined up yet, which is strange for me. This is the first time I'm moving anywhere that isn't just because of a job. Feels kind of weird, kind of nice- but pretty freaky too. Come to think of it, since I graduated from college, I've never taken any actual time off... Just went straight to work and never really stopped. So maybe this will be a good thing.

The job I really wanted, and thought was a perfect fit is now having "funding issues" where the higher ups are apparently trying to rearrange things to avoid hiring on an additional person. Its in negotiation now, but things don't look good. These are the aspects of the public health world that I'd forgotten all about.... "funding issues."

So, rather than fret about it, I'm just going to enjoy my morning Bloody Mary at my desk at work this morning (yes, there actually are a few things that I will really miss about my current industry!), which will hopefully segue into some libations throughout the weekend that involve the words, "Nog," "toddy," and "rum."

Happy Holidays to all, or "Merry Christmas" if that suits you better. It's all the same to me.

And if you know of anyone who wants to hire a fabulous Registered Dietitian/Stock Broker in the DC Metro area, please be sure to drop my name!

13 comments:

Gus said...

I wan't convincing enough to get you two to move to Longview instead of D.C. huh?

Are you going to be anywhere near Maryland, becuase my Aunt and her family live there and we are probably due for a visit this year or next. We could proably squeeze in a visit to casa'del'gina.

Anonymous said...

You guys can visit anytime. Bring your drinking shirt and some warm clothes.

Gina, SO are you expecting this guy to give you an allowance while you go on sabatical...

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Although you will be missed, but I'm not too far behind you...as I gain mileage with an impending move myself ;). Your blog cracks me up, as do you. Your sense of humor is brilliant! Keep in touch and blog on!

- Janet

Lisaopolis said...

Actually, just admit that you are moving to Dee Cee just to be closer to ME geographically! Come for Amish buggy pimpin' and shoefly pies any time. Or just call it the 'love move'!

You'll do fine! Go Ginz!

Gus said...

no posting for a week? what are you doing packing?

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina! Yes, we know DC..I was born there. And as JFK used to say, it has all the efficiency of a southern town and all the charm of a northern city! Have fun! Love, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Gina,
I wish you the best of luck. As a fellow lovely lady who followed her Navy man across the country - it is worth it! :)
Love ya!
Amy

Anonymous said...

...and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth and rending of clothes upon learning of the terrible news.
-the men of Seattle

Anonymous said...

thats huge news.
good luck.
someone beat me to men of seattle post.
wow.
im stunned.

Anonymous said...

may your relationship last longer than renee and kenny!

Anonymous said...

WOW, I can't believe you are really doing this. I wish you the best of luck.........But don't forget about us fellow COUGS....

Anonymous said...

ok meet me in the office closet for a "last timer" i wont tell...

Gina Grace said...

Who are these anon commenters??