Friday, March 27, 2009

Only 4.5 months to go...

I'm so excited! I just booked tickets for a trip to Europe this summer and now all I have to do is wait... for almost 5 months...

A few things will be happening across the pond this summer: my sister Lisa will be working in Austria; a colleague is getting married in Poland; and a family friend will be summering in San Tropez. We'll call him "Jet Setter."

Thanks to the gazillions of dollars we've recently spend at Home Depot etc, on our Alaska Airlines Visa, we were able to get tickets on their partner, British Air through our Alaska mileage plan(though we still had to pay a ton in fees etc). We fly into Munich, then about 10 days later, make our way home out of Amsterdam- with a handy little three day stop over in London where we have plans to meet up with Jet Setter AND Lisa. Copious amounts of French champagne will likely be consumed at that point, in honor of the France, who we will not be able to visit on this go-round.

In other news, I'm loving the longer days we're having. Being able to see makes an after work bike ride so much more enjoyable! I had a 100 mile week last week... not so well this week. Unless I crack out 60 miles on Sunday...

2 comments:

Wohn said...

It makes me so happy you're finally blogging again. I have missed you so. And Europe?? What are the changes you'll be gone when I come to vist??

Momma Bruce and Cubs said...

oh my! I had no idea you guys are going to europe this summer!!! How awesome - very jealous!