Monday, May 07, 2007

Training update

I went for my first post-crash ride this weekend... and happy to report no major injuries! (Though I was pretty certain I was going to die in a car wreck for about 20 seconds when we got stuck on Rock Creek Parkway. As in- the actual parkway with crazy drivers flying around corners, not the nearby multi-use trail...)

Did have a little impromptu road-side marriage counseling session though, which was fun. J and I worked out the finer points of my request to him to give me a warning or tell me if/when I was going to stop (simply so that I might avoid careening into him and injuring both of us, as I can not, in fact, see through him). Unbeknownst to me, when the words "Hey- can you please tell me when you're going to stop?" come out of my mouth they somehow morph into "Jesus Christ?!? Why the hell can't you tell me before you stop god damn it?!?!"

I'm sure the people walking past us with their children had a nice time explaining that "when a husband and a wife really love each other, sometimes they have to talk to each other in loud, abrupt sentences. They also sometimes like to remind each other that Jesus is the lord!"


Annnyway... our official team training doesn't kick off until next week, when we will be subject to group swims at.... (roll the drum, crack the whip).... FIVE THIRTY IN THE MORNING every Tuesday!

As my grandmother used to say (among many other colorful phrases): "Eee Gads!"


If you'd like to make a donation to support my participation in Team in Training, and haven't had a chance to do it yet, here's the link : http://www.active.com/donate/tntnca04/Gina

(you know, just in case you didn't know how to find the page etc).

Thanks to everyone who has donated already- I'm amazed by your generosity and spirit of giving!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it through the ride safely despite the marital strife. Can you send me Jose's team in training link as well?

~ Beth

P.S. Everytime I open your blog now Alan Thicke starts talking and I can't get it to stop until I SHUT OFF my entire computer. AAHHH!

Gina Grace said...

Well, Alan Thicke is powerful like that.


I could take it off, but knowing that he's penetrating the ears of all of my friends makes me feel like... an evil genius. And I like that.


Oh- and here's the link :)

http://www.active.com/donate/tntnca04/gomez

tz said...

oooh I've had conversations like that w/ my own hubby. It has something to do with the Y chromosome or something, haven't quite figured it out...like Jason calling me from his car which is still in our garage and ask that I come out there and get the car seat out of his car because he has to take clients out in it...ummm, he couldn't do this himself ---why?

and i've just been going straight to the alan thicke post and pushing pause...

tz said...

oh and, my fav. grandparent saying..'better then a poke in the eye with a sharp stick'