Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ginapalooza Lightening Round!

  • 4 out of 4 Registered Dietitians (in my office) agree with the following statement:
“I’ve tried to like Kashi. Really, I have. But it’s gross.”

  • If you have to get stuck for over 28 hours in the deep south, make it Atlanta Georgia. Seriously home to the nicest people in the world. Including the lost luggage attendants at the airport.
  • It’s a weird feeling when you show up to Book Club having just finished what you now consider one of the best books you’ve ever read, with a writing style that make you want to wrap up each word in pretty paper and put it under your pillow, only to find out that everyone else totally hated it, and thought the writing style sucked.
  • Simmering equal parts of maple syrup and heavy cream, then pouring that over blueberry pancakes from the Clinton Street Bakery in SOHO is among the handful of earthy experiences that I classify under the “brought me closer to God” category.
  • And cripes, that’s all I’ve got time for. Really I should wait to post this until its chalked full of exciting things, but at this rate, that might another several months. Hoping to add more soon…

    5 comments:

    eggonit said...

    So. . . What was the book?

    Lisaopolis said...

    Wow! She lives....!

    (a) what were you doing in Atlanta...
    (b) what, now a Book Club?
    (c) it's 'SoHo', dolly...please please give me the establishment addy, I'll checkitout soon in The City

    tz said...

    oh how funny, i make the kids eat kashi..the kid stuff is shaped like people and they dig that they're eating people....

    Lisaopolis said...

    I like Kashi AND I think it tastes good, but you know I'm 'unique' that way.

    Anonymous said...

    Sounds like you need to find a new book club. Next you need to rent the movie of Everything is Illuminated. VERY good.
    -tim