Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A call for good vibes...

for on-time flights and reasonable connections...

I'm T minus 6 days for my flight to Spain to meet up with J for our 15 day R&R/vacation/see each other for the first time in 6 months. He is taking a helicopter from where he is now to some other base in Iraq, then a military flight to Kuwait. From there, another military flight to Frankfurt, and from Frankfurt he'll fly commercial to Madrid. Or something like that.

In other words, there are SOOOO many opportunities for a mess-up somewhere in his itinerary. So if you could all send me some smooth sailing vibes, cast any spells for happy traveling or otherwise channel your good ju-ju and sent it our way, I'd really appreciate it.

As while I'm sure I'd love a solo trip Madrid SOME day to explore the city and soak up the culture of Espana all by my lonesome, that time is not now. If I end up spending this entire trip by myself because of some Military Powers That Be, I will probably have to promptly moon the White House upon my return (while wearing my tacky yet poignant "sexually deprived for your freedom" t-shirt). And that might get me arrested.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sending you all the good ju-ju that I possess!!! For all of us deprived for freedom - you HAVE to see your husband!
Amy B

tz said...

Although we can't help w/ the whole sex part, you won't be alone! We'll be there and with out Jose to temper the craziness that is my mother you could experience her in full force. Oh sorry she really isn't that crazy, and I'm sure it's NOT genetic.

Anonymous said...

Hey Gina! There are many Episcopalians praying for you, and the fairy godmother of connecting flights is doing all she can for safe and rapid connections. (I saw him/her on the corner of 8th streeet and 6th Avenue on Saturday night wearing a tutu and carrying a pumpkin) 15 days of bliss await. Happy Madrid! Love, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Sending small amounts of vibes (like a time release pill) starting now and for the next 6 days. I believe my vibes have worked in the past, so I have faith.

Do you think D.C. government jail is the same as Martin Stadium football jail? Does your new family know of that shady part of your past?

- Beth

Gina Grace said...

I was never in Martin Stadium jail... it was more like a holding and questioning facility...


(um, and should I be concerned that there is an ad for the Biggest Loser on my ad bar?? Does google know that I've been skipping the gym for the last few days??)

Lisaopolis said...

Lord, don't worry, in all that Navy gear he will make it. It's not like you don't have a 15 day window, lol. This coming from the queen of Barely Made Connections Yet Always Getting There. Hope to NOT hear from either of you while you are en Espana!!!!! ENJOY!!!!!

Lisaopolis said...

and wait: you say 'getting arrested' like that's a BAD thing. Live a little;) Don't focus on the negative, it's annoying. You'll have a great time!

Anonymous said...

I'll send good thoughts your way.

I hear those military flights do require some flexibility so it's probably good that you're prepared to maybe have a couple days shaved off.

This visit will end too soon but you will soak it in!! My crystal ball sez: When you're old and retired you'll remember these rushed days and then finally you'll have time to go slow together. Wish we could have it all but you are two beautiful people who're getting good at waiting ;)

Gus said...

Dang, I wish I could have got you Jose's mason jar to take with you.

Because nothing says class like 64oz Sangrias...

Anonymous said...

Where's a new Gina blog???

Wohn