Thursday, March 16, 2006

Things that have happened since you heard from me last:

  1. Had too much to drink at the Army Navy Club. I’m sure many people throughout history have said that, and now I’m proud to be among their ranks. Proceeded to go out for oysters at a near by restaurant and assume role of “Oyster Aficionado/Goddess” solely because I am from the State of Washington.
  2. Went to see the WILD PONIES(!!!!) on Asseteague Island off the coast of Maryland.
  3. Got a scoffed at by teen-aged waiter at a local crab restaurant because I’d never had soft shell crabs. (I mean he was really looking at me like I was an alien- I think he thought I was lying to him or something? His exact words were “Um, you’ve never had soft shell crabs? Um, that’s weird.” Regardless, I’m proud to say that Dungeness are way better. Soft shell crabs can get off their high horse as far as I’m concerned.
  4. Learned that J will be leaving in 2 weeks. Then found out yesterday that he actually has to leave a week earlier than that to go to a class back in Washington State before he leaves… I swear.
  5. Looked at a Condo for sale in a not great but not too terrible part of town that was tiny, had one bedroom, a den/office, kitchenette and 2 bathrooms that was selling for 360K. “Cozy” would be an accurate description.
  6. Went back to the Middle Eastern restaurant with the great dessert- paid attention this time and learned that it is called “Namoura.” I think that is Arabic for “Best three dollars you’ve ever spent in your life- period.” The place is called Mama Ayesha’s and I highly recommend it on your next visit to The District.



That’s about it. What have y’all been up to? Plans for tomorrow’s St. Patrick’s Day? Me? I’ll probably throw on the trusty “Everyone Loves and Irish Girl” shirt, have a Harp or two and… end up singing Molly Malone until the downstairs lady calls the police again??

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina. Andrea here. D.C.? Are you kidding me? Well, I've got good news. I am going to be in D.C. the weekend of April 7-8. I'm leaving the 9th. I will be there with my intimidating mother. Top that!

Andrea ascheele@gmail.com

Lisaopolis said...

Do you want me to pipe in some blarney singin and merry makin for our gal downstairs?

And excellent representin' for REAL crabs, Dungeness, all the way, all the time.

Anonymous said...

You can get yummy Middle Eastern food for $3??? That's a steal!! At least you can save your money for that expensive condo. We looked at a 2 bedroom 998 square foot condo last weekend for $428k. Maybe I'll move back to cheap Idaho! - Beth

Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an update!

Did you happen to see descendants of Misty of Chincotique out there?

I'm hoping to get out to Quilcine's Whistling Oyster Bar sometime so I can contribute to your t- shirt collection. (oyster-man playing shuffleboard)

Tomorrow I'll be looking out for wee ones and a shamrock shake!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I can do anything for the main event. With the tourney on and it actually being SPD (yet another reason for this city to drink, or perhaps becuase it's still 30 degrees), I can honestly say I might be wiped out from LAST weekend's dress rehearsal at the South Side Parade.

You would have LOVED the Queen this year (and the judges swore they didn't know her name, right Gladys). Kelly Green. No joke.


http://www.chicagostpatsparade.com/2006-queen.html

Gus said...

You know what's fun about drikning? The drinking part.

You know what's not fun about drinking? The waking up the next morning part.

Lisaopolis said...

lol Erik! You know what's fun about getting older? Realizing that that scenario is totally cause and effect, no matter how hard we try to deny that our bods can't take it like we could at THe Coug...

Gina Grace said...

And how about realizing that I've been saying "I just can't drink like I used to" for YEARS now... you'd think I would be catching on by now. Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

I hate throwing up. Pooping feels so much better.