Tuesday, March 07, 2006

1) I totally forgot to mention that the downstairs lady called the cops on us last weekend at around 9:15PM on Friday night for being too loud. Lisa had just arrived for the weekend and we were playing Kareoke Revolution. I guess her version of Bobby McGee was just too good to ignore? Or perhaps it was me...
So my new mental notes to self: No bone chewing at after 9PM for Daphne, and no fun-having past 9:15 for the rest of us.

2)There is only one dog park in the DC city limits, and when we go there, we always park (illegally) in the neighboring restaurant’s parking lot because there is really no parking for the park- which is just a little quirk of DC... I always feel like a sneaky bad-ass with a guilt complex for parking there, but its usually just for 15 minutes or so.

Last night, knowing that there were no groceries in the refrigerator, we decided to have dinner there after the dog park. It is a really lovely Middle Eastern place. I just wish I would have known how great the food was a long time ago. The dinner was great (I had stuffed cabbage, very ugly but very tasty) but the dessert was out-of-this-world fabulous. It was kind of like baklava, but lighter- kind of fluffier, not quite as dense. I forget what it was called, but god-willing, I’ll be able to recognize it on a menu again some day. Essentially, I wanted to embrace our waiter for having recommended it to us in the first place. If I knew his name, I’d likely put him in my will (though Lisa already has first dibs on my most valuable asset: Daphne).

So- not only did I feel like I finally supported the restaurant at which I regularly park illegally, but I food that made me want to jump up and down and clap. All in all, a good night.

3 comments:

Lisaopolis said...

see, now you are living 'fat' with parking...an 'illegal' place to park but with no penalties and then food when you want it! Maximum comfort to self, not at the expense of others.
Did you find out yet about the conspiracy I have going with your neighbor lady? Daphne's in on it too, but she won't tell you that...she's actually a hairless Siamese cat, if you must know.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Oh come ON, Downstairs Lady. You have NO right to complain on a Friday NIGHT before 11pm...at least it is better than living in Geneva when you cannot shower after 10 pm on ANY night. Geeez. Happy eating....Love, Cindy

Anonymous said...

You should go on a several hour "head board banging session". Quiet down long enough the let your neighbor get settled in,then go at it again. AJ could give you some ideas if needed. Let your down stairs