Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Bulb Watch 2008

I have officially gardened. I made an impulse buy at Costco this weekend- some bulbs. As in flower, not light. I was assuming that now is a good time to plant them, as they were for sale at Costco, and Costco is rad and wouldn't lead me astray, right??

Heck -if they don't bloom this year, there is always '09, yes?


I still need to prepare the dirt outside in the ground in order for it to support life, but last night, I planted some Begonia's in large pots. Some day, I hope to have these pots full of flowers on the front steps of my house. A girl can dream.

So, aside from playing classical music for and reading to my baby begonia bulbs, what can I do to make them flourish into productive members of my front porch? I'll be sure to post immediately if/when I see any signs of life.


I also pruned our rose bush. And when I say "pruned," I mean, "hacked away at."

2 comments:

tz said...

I've never been able to keep begonias alive...I think it's because of the hot glaring moisture sucking sun of the semi-arid state where we live, so you'll have much better luck, i'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina: Begonias need NOT too much sun,,,adore the dappled light of le matin. Good luck! And Happy Easter. Love, Cindy