Monday, December 11, 2006

No More Drama in my life.

Sometimes I really love my life. Like right now. Cause while I'm sitting on my couch with a glass of wine and a good CD, about to start a new book, the sounds coming from my neighbor's place are decidedly less loving than normal. Girlfriend number one is finally starting to ask the tough questions. And I've learned that my neighbor is a very smooth liar.

Choice lines of the night: "Of course I like her, yeah I spend a lot of time with her, but we work a lot together- I spend a lot of time with everyone I work with." followed up with "Well, all you can go on is what I'm telling you, so I can't control weather you believe me or not."

I'm sure my marriage will have plenty of fights and tears in the years to come, but all I can think right now is: Being boring married girl is WAY better than being THAT girl. I'm also thinking right now how thankful I am that my husband is just as bad at lying as he is at singing. But I love his singing anyway.

8 comments:

tz said...

oh yeah, he is bad at lying! bummer to be that girl, glad to be married myself, thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

wow those are freakin thin walls! lying sux.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i'd say more of a bummer to be that guy, because at least when you're "done wrong" you can feel righteous and somewhat clear. seems like when people get into lying they're not necessarily clear on their stories. no fun.

Anonymous said...

Did he really say weather? Or whether?

Gina Grace said...

Yes, he said weather. It was my mistake to leave out a period. Please allow me to correct:
"I can't control weather. You believe me, or not."

I think it was actually a conversation about her pressuring him to make it rain or something. Weird.


Thanks for reminding me that I can't spell. I had nearly forgotten. -Gina, the girl who lost the spelling bee in 2nd grade for spelling "House" as H-A-U-S.

tz said...

I two (haha)am a horrible speller and my grammar SUCKS, I really love run on sentances AND I was an English major...go figure.
I've actually heard that people who don't spell well have a higher IQ...works for me, I think I'll choose to beleive THAT one.

Anonymous said...

YaaOOOOWWW! I'm crying wit laughter. I knew that growing up with spell chck made certain Correct Moms nervous but NOWWWWWW I see why Gina was the anti- foreign language dotter.

Shucks. I know mom wore leiderhosen to promote foreign language at my junior high, but I never knew that Gina was demoted for her proximity to Deutsch. Any chance you remember what you were wearing on that fateful day of the dreaded receiving Second Place? ;)

Sound it out, sister!!! Thank you for that sweet nugget of information. LUV IT.

Anonymous said...

woops ok forget what i said about second place. details, details