Saturday, December 23, 2006

Explanation

I should have mentioned- that video is of my grandparents on their wedding day. And they're both still going strong, this summer will be anniversary number SIXTY SEVEN and my grandpa still calls her "my girlfriend."

My mom converted an old reel to reel tape to VHS for their 50th anniversary (in 1990!). Now that VCR's are going the way of the buffalo, I had it converted to DVD last week. And because I was feeling especially techno-savvy, I converted THAT to a .wav file so I could post on the web for those of us who are hooked up to the inter-web :)

6 comments:

Lisaopolis said...

NOOOoooooo wait, I am supposed to be the 'techie' one (which clearly I am not really, it's all smoke 'n mirrors....just like you're actually 'the musical one').
I love this clip, it's so beautiful! They don't make dress up occasions like that anymore, sigh...

tz said...

Ohhhhh.....it's so much more meaningful now...and well I did wonder why you might go searching for u-tube home wedding videos but then what do I know about planning a wedding these days...hahaha
hope you, your sisters and parents have a great time together!

Anonymous said...

"expanation". lets talk about spelling again. :)

Gina Grace said...

Good God you're high maintenance for an anonymous commenter... Okay, the typo is fixed. Happy now?

Anonymous said...

no
.wav is not video

Gina Grace said...

.wav, .wmv, .mpg... whatever... beancounters.