Saturday, April 29, 2006

The smell of Love and Sunshine...

Can be found by nestling your face up to the ear of a dog who has been lying in the sun on the back pouch napping.

I'm heading to the American History museum today, as it will be closing for renovations soon, (so I finally have a sense of urgency that will get my butt to one of the Smithsonians this century).

Knowing that this will be an all day affair (and its already noon...) I decided to take Daphne out for a quick walk around the block for a potty break.

Its a beautiful, sunny day out and when we returned home, I gave her a snuggle after taking off her leash. I had to linger there for a while, at the spot on her face just anterior to her ear. It smelled like a country dirt road on a warm sunny day. Dogs, dirt roads and sunny days. It reminded me of being little. I figured it out: it smelled like growing up.

So... if anyone is looking for smell of love and sunshine, I found it. It's on my dog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*********** S I G H *********

Wow !

Dogs, dirt roads and sunshine

(sun flecks through the trees/ dreamy)

The smell of growing up

(suggests a bittersweet taste...Growing Up entails learning some things which we might first Want to avoid? So there's the initial discomfort that makes space for wonderful new things that couldn't have been seen/imagined before)

I am having a Geen Denver moment, here, thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

I JUST figured out who u look like?
ellen degeneres!! the eyes and the nose, smile, and wittiness.but u like guys tho.

i mean she would like be an 0lder sis, older than lisa.
check it out. she looked kinda old on jay leno-