Thursday, January 24, 2008

What will you do with your $600?

Word on the street is that red blooded, tax payin' 'mericans are getting tax rebates of $600 or so. Perhaps by June!

In keeping with the whole point of economic stimulus, we NEED to spend this cash-o-la! Hooray for spending!

So- I'm starting to think about what I'll spend mine on. How can I be most responsible and economically stimulating with this money?

Purchase a CSA farm share perhaps? Dine at locally owned restaurants and order domestic wines?

Yes, both good ideas.


But what about a weekend in Vancouver BC?? Perhaps a quick trip to Mexico?

On what will you spend yours?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely chunk of change to consider! Yes please!

Anne

Lisaopolis said...

uhhh, on credit cards and/or bills like everyone else. For crap we buy but don't need and certainly can't afford.

Then again, I might open a night school for educational seminars on how to be responsible while enjoying late-stage capitalism.

$600, nice score. I don't think I'll get that much--I earn too little at the moment. aww.....

Wohn said...

Well, since everyone suddenly wants money for this wedding .. I can give you a good idea where it's going to.

tz said...

if I were going to get that refund...and we're not...we'd use it toward our trip to DC this summer....but now you have to put us up instead of us getting a hotel..hahaha
:)

Anonymous said...

Well, now that it has passed The House and we are just waiting for our buddy G.W. to sign, I will start planning how to spend my $ (even though it looks I will only get a partial return). So I was thinking of maybe paying an illegal immigrant to help renovate our bathroom, or buy a new computer from Japan or buy foreign oil for my car. So many choices ...

~ Beth